Principal: Ms. Rochelle Patillo
General Information Phone: 678-874-2902
Our vision is to be a school where students are able to develop their individual gifts in order to reach their full potential in a global society.
Henderson Middle School is highly motivated for the success of its students through the active involvement of parents, school, and the community. The foundation for our students’ success is based on five pillars:
L- Live Responsibly
E- Embrace Diversity
A – Achieve Academic Excellence
R – Respect for others
N – Nurture the Learner
- HMS opened on August, 1996 at the site of the former Henderson High School
- HMS initially had 7th, 8th grades with a total population of 1,115.
- HMS opened with 85 faculty members.
- HMS has had only three principals in its 20 year history. The first principal was Mrs. Betts McGinnis, the second principal was Terese Allen, and the third principal is Rochelle Patillo (current principal).
- Henderson's student population is culturally diverse, representing over 30 countries and at least 50 different languages.
- Henderson Middle School is currently the third largest middle school in the DeKalb County School District with an approximate enrollment of 1,500 students.
- Elementary schools that feed into Henderson Middle are Hawthorne, Henderson Mill, Pleasantdale, Evansdale, Oak Grove, Briarlake, Sagamore Hills, and part of Oakcliff. Our students go to Lakeside High School upon completion of 8th grade.